September is a crazy month for all of the staff here at Bridgewater State University…
Students arriving & returning…Staff greeting…
Staff showing them their way…
Students asking questions…
Staff answering questions…
In the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, it’s very similar – but it’s also a time for us to begin a new recruitment and application season. Well, actually, it started months ago!
As of today, we have already:
- Booked over 200 college fairs and visits that will occur between September through December;
- Met and communicated with more than 3,000 prospective students who are interested in one of the 2017 academic terms;
- Received over 100 applications for one of the 2017 terms, including those who have requested deferrals;
- Received test scores from over 700 prospective students who have not yet applied to the university;
- Hosted over 3,700 prospective students to campus for tours throughout the spring and summer months.
This year we are starting off on a very high note: We are working with Paul Jean and his staff (partnering with “the kor Group”, a graphic design team out of Boston), redesigning our marketing materials, both print and electronic. You can look forward to seeing some really neat stuff in the weeks to come!
In addition, we are moving into our 2nd application season using the Microsoft CRM – Recruit (formerly known as Recruiter). We have rearranged the application so that it takes an applicant less than 30 minutes to complete and submit online while asking the pertinent information that we need to know, loading directly to BANNER. If you are working with any prospective students and they are interested in applying, please direct them to our “Apply” page on the website: http://www.bridgew.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply. Students will be asked to create an account (if they haven’t already done so) and then they will be taken directly to the application.
Application priority deadlines are as follows:
Spring 2017: November 1
Fall 2017: Early Action Option – November 15; Regular Decision – February 15
Transfer (Including Mass Transfer applicants):
Spring 2017: November 1
Summer 2017: Depends on the session of choice
Fall 2017: August 1
Spring 2017: Only available to those who are transferring from another institution within the United States. You must submit all required documents as soon as possible.
Fall 2017: February 15
After reading this update, I’m sure you are asking yourself:
What can I do to assist in the recruitment efforts of new students for FY17?
The answer is simple: SMILE.
As we continue to welcome students and their families to campus for daily tours, Friday Information Sessions, Saturday tours and Fall Preview Days, we ask that you:
- Smile & “Welcome” them to campus.
- Welcome them into your department and office space.
- Ask them if they need assistance.
- Ask them if they have any questions.
- Return their calls if they call you in advance of their visit to schedule a meeting with someone in your department.
- Send me (Jennifer.Amiccuci@bridgew.edu) an email that we can send to prospective students about your area. Currently, we have messages going out from Student Involvement, Financial Assistance, Career Placement, Academic Deans and a small handful of academic programs.
Our tour schedule for the fall semester is as follows (just so you know when to look out for these visitors!):
Tours will resume on Wednesday, September 21, 2016.
Weekday, Daily Tours depart from the Welcome Center on:
Monday – Thursday: 11am
Monday – Friday: 3pm
Friday Information Sessions occur on the following dates and begin at 10am in the Moakley Center:
September 23 & 30
October 7, 14, 21, 28
November 4 & 11
December 2 & 9
Saturday tours depart from the Welcome Center at 10am on the following dates:
October 1 & 15
December 3 &10
Fall Preview Days will occur on the following Saturdays (Location/Time TBA):
October 22 (Focus: College of Humanities & Social Sciences)
October 29 (Focus: College of Education & Allied Studies)
November 5 (Focus: Bartlett College of Mathematics & Science/Ricciardi College of Business)
Thank you in advance for your support and participation in what we are expecting to be a very busy recruitment season! Your efforts are always appreciated and we hope to continue these types of initiatives as we move into future seasons.
~The Office of Undergraduate Admission